Beyond Science & Decisions
Beyond Science & Decisions has now completed 9 workshops, bringing scientists of various affiliations and expertise together.
Over 60 organizations have contributed to the Workshop’s mission to advance the science of risk assessment.
The Workshop series has now reviewed over 40 case studies focusing on a range of topics.
Workshop IX - June 9-10, 2015 University of Cincinnati
Workshop VIII -May 21-22, 2014, Austin, TX, Webinar
Workshop VII - November 13, 2013, Webinar
Workshop VI - May 28-29, 2013, Arlington, VA, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Workshop IV - May 22-24, 2012, Austin, Texas, Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
Workshop III - May 4, 5, & 6, 2011, Falls Church, Virginia; Noblis
Workshop II - October 11-13, 2010, Crystal City, Virginia (In tandem with the Federal & State Risk Assessment & Toxicology Committee)
Beyond Science & Decisions In the News
- Ginsberg et al. The NRC Silver Book: The Case for Improving Non-Cancer Risk Assessment. Guest Perspective. Risk Policy Report 17 (37) Sept. 14, 2010 link
- Hegstad M. Two Years On, Assessors Urge NAS to Clarify Advice on Linear Risk Method. Guest Perspective. Risk Policy Report 17(43). October 26, 2010. link
- Hegstad M. Alliance Plans Panel To Address Key Scientific Issues In Risk Assessment. Risk Policy Report 18, (29). July 19, 2011 link
- Hegstad M. EPA Framework Emphasizes Risk Management Options In Assessments Risk Policy Report 18(22). May 31, 2011. link
- Meek B, Dourson M. Integrating Cancer and Non-Cancer Dose Response Assessment Approaches to Risk Assessment: The Role of Mode of Action. Risk Policy Report 17(39) September, 28, 2010 link
- RASS August 2011 link
- RSESS Winter 2011 link
- RSESS Winter 2012 link
For more information, please contact Lynne Haber.